Server Hosting for Small Business - Windows Essentials 2016
Traditionally a Small Business Server is setup and located on premises of an organization with 3-25 users. Nowadays virtualization and cloud computing technologies (which are embedded in form of Access Anywhere ) allow for establishing Small Business Server hosting outside an office, which can bring substantial advantages for an organization of 3-25 users.
Let's see, unlike the traditional route a hosted Small Business Server solution boasts that:
- there's no need to face heavy out-front costs of hardware, software and IT services for the deployment: $5,000 - 10,000
- management falls onto the shoulders of the hosting provider (in our case it's Allora's technicians with dozens of years of combined IT expertise)
- backups and disaster recovery mechanisms are outsourced
- proper server environment and physical security of an Essentials Windows server is achieved at the highest industry standards
- expensive symmetrical bandwidth is provided "on the house" (~100Mbps up and down)
|Click to request a quote||
Managed Windows Essentials - Standard
Managed Windows Essentials - Advanced
|OS Carrier||RAID1 SSD Mirror
| RAID1 SSD Mirror
|Data Storage|| 250GB
(Hardware RAID1 mirror)
(Hardware RAID1 mirror)
|Bandwidth||100Mbps Up / Down|| 100Mbps Up / Down
The only drawback is the lack of a Gigabit ethernet connection between office workstations and the server however there are elegant remedies for that:
- File synchronization services like Good Sync, Owncloud or Dropbox (commercial or free) can silently run in the background providing local access to the data synchronized with the server. In fact, that's exactly how email has been handled by Outlook-Exchange pairing for many years now, it's only natural to embrace the same approach for files.
- Onsite NAS device for fast local access and synchronization with the server.
- Customer can also choose complementary hosting of several Windows workstations accessible via Remote Web Workplace. This route would essentially turn local workstations into thin clients (or terminals), it's applicable for typical applications - word, excel, accounting but not suitable for working with image editing, audio or video processing.
Managed Windows 10 Hosting - Standard
Managed Windows 10 Hosting - Advanced
|Hard Drive||50GB (Hardware RAID1 mirror)||100GB (Hardware RAID1 mirror)|
|Bandwidth||100Mbps Up / Down||100Mbps Up / Down|
|Office||MS Office 2013||MS Office 2013|
Contact us to request a quote